Friday, March 11, 2005

Faith Explained

It is good to hear what old friends are saying and thinking via blog. An old friend of mine recently posted a few thoughts about faith. Basically, Adam said what I have been trying to say on a few of my posts, but he put it far more eloquently. I have been addressing the theo-political issues: my friend addresses the soul. Read it here.

While at least one of his commenters has attacked him for (supposedly) tending towards an Abelardian "moral example" idea of the atonement of Jesus, I disagree. The importance of Christ's divinity is not limited to his penal-substitutionary atonement. The sacrificial death is only half of the story. It is the life of Jesus that reveals God to us. And since we believe that Jesus was God, we can trust that what we saw in Jesus was what we can expect of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home