Sunday, January 30, 2005

On A Momentous Day?

A word about today before I get back to the sermon and my latest catharsis about Paul...

Watching the news reports today, I feel good about the elections in Iraq. Of course, CNN is not always to be trusted (and I do not get Fox News HAHA), but it looks like things went well today for those Iraqi voters. When I say well, I mean there were only a few suicide attacks and minimal loss of life. The worst news I heard was the poor turnout from the Sunnis. Look out, could be trouble later. All things considered, it was a start. I am praying that whatever they get going on out there works. Let us remember our first attempt to produce a working constitution sucked. We could send the new Iraqi politicians a copy of our Articles of Confederation as an example of what not to do.

One last thought, however. What is up with all these Iraqi expatriates coming out of the woodwork in the US and abroad still being allowed to vote in the election? These peeps jumped ship and set up shop elsewhere, and now they get a say in the fate of the country they bolted on? All those voters had better plan on moving back, like next week, or else their vote was no more authoritative than mine would have been.

(Please ignore the overstatement on the last line.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home