Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm Ready for My Retinal Scan

Hurricanes, pennant races, wars, threats to national security, Supreme Court battles, college football disasters, and impending re-immerison into academia, and I choose to blog about this. I am out of my mind.

I went to that middle school. I know those people mentioned in the article. I have many fond memories of prowling the hallways during school... uh, wait. Let me think. No. No, I don't think I remember doing that. Sure I was a "good little kid", but I don't even remember much trobule being caused in the hallways during class. Now, the five-minute passing period was when all the action went down. I remember this one kid beating this other kid to a bloody pulp because of a ripped jacket (I never saw the rip). Yikes.

Don't get the wrong idea. I was not in a violent school. But keeping track of the date and time that every student leaves and returns to class sounds kind of Orwellian. Has it gotten that bad at ol' CMS?

One upside is that some smart kid is going to figure out how to forge a planner. Maybe sell blank pages and the means to insert them into the book as needed. That smart kid would get rich overnight. OK, maybe not rich. But he would never get beaten up again.

This blog entry dedicated to Stick & KDK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home