Sunday, November 28, 2004

On Driving with Bono

I just got back from a little Thanksgiving jaunt down to Atlanta to spend the holiday with my wife's family. Many aunts and uncles. Great turkey. Southern hospitality. Marvelous.

Except for the 14+ hours plus it took to drive there. And then another 14+ back. But it was pretty easy going coming back north. My wife and I stopped at a Wal-Mart (confession time) and picked up U2's new disc, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb ($9 at Wal-Mart that day) . I must say I am impressed. Somewhere between all those charity fundraisers, UN visits to Africa, and Super Bowl halftime shows, Bono and The Edge managed to cook up something special for the fans. I love it, but before you run out and buy it you must know that I am still spinning The Joshua Tree at least every month or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Newsom said...

Despite Grant's opinion, Matt, my respect for you is even greater now than before....if that's even possible....i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy! just kidding, but i am with you on the U2 bandwagon, though I have only had the most minimal exposure to the new album (can I still call it an album?). This is Brent Newsom, by the way, in case you're wondering.

November 29, 2004 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home