Thursday, November 04, 2004

On My Classes

Just in case somebody out is wondering what I do all day, here is a list of my current course enrollment along with a few remarks. This is what I do with 85% of my time.

Systematic Theology II> Observing Presbyterians as they worship, I mean, read Calvin's Institutes.

Interpretation of Job> Not a class about the economy.

History of the Radical Reformation> It was radical. It was reformation. Hence the name.

Church, Community, Nation> A 1960s revolutionary becomes an Episcopal minister, then earns a PhD and teaches Presbyterian seminary students. I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

Preaching> This is a participatory lab. I now hear 6 sermons a week. Pity me.

Internship> I am an assistant to the Baptist chaplain at Princeton University working with students. If I have ever made anyone around me feel dumb, I sincerely apologize. I now feel dumb every day.

Give me some feedback. What should I be taking?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie said...

Have you taken a class on parables yet? What about the history of Christian missions? I found that stuff to be very interesting: most of the class I took on mission was about all of the mistakes missionaries have made. Kind of depressing, but still interesting. That sounds a little morbid.

November 15, 2004 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home