Friday, September 09, 2005

Maize & Blue+Crimson & Cream= Dilemma

I would love to camp out & watch TV all weekend. Yankees v. Red Sox tonight becomes Michigan v. Notre Dame tomorrow afternoon becomes Texas v. Ohio State tomorrow night, with OU v. Tulsa mixed in with the US Open (for you, Brent) somewhere. But instead, I will have to watch it all save Mich v ND. "Why?" you ask. Because I did not look at the college football schedule when my pastor search committee set up our candidate interviews. Oh well. These candidates had better be worth missing such an event.

What I won't miss is UT v OSU. But I must say I am less than excited about it. As a native Okie, I despise the Texas Longhorns (team colors: vomit orange & panty-waste white) more than any other team in the land. Except for maybe the Ohio State Buckeyes (team motto: Yeah, we never really liked Maurice Clarett either). So what am I to do? I have finally accepted the fact that ONE of them must win, but which one should I favor?

I am now considering arguments as to which team deserves my allegiance. Tell me what you think. And if you think this is all silly, remember this: I may have single-handedly brought the Red Sox back from oblivion against the Yankees last year. I missed games one thru three but saw every precious inning of four thru seven. The rest is history.

So: Hook 'em Horns (yic) or Go Buckeyes (ugh)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home