Saturday, September 10, 2005

17-10: My Nemesis

I am now a college football free agent fan. At least until the following happens:

1) OU rediscovers its heart and starts playing real football.
2) Michigan wises up and fires Lloyd Carr and finds a head coach with some guts.
3) The rest of the Big 12 decides it should really try to be competitive again on the football field.
4) Contrary to #3, OSU fans should give up on ever trying to be competitive.

Regarding #1, it might happen soon. Or it may take years. As for #2, I have been throwing things at Loyd Carr's image on the TV set for YEARS (ask my wife). I have never been a fan of conservative football from a team that is loaded with talent. He has got to go. #3 is a real embarrasment when I watch the ESPN guys go on and on about how good the SEC is. Of course, they never mention ESPN's TV deal with the SEC. And I apologize for #4, but after listening to people try to put a positive spin on putting away (barely) Florida Atlantic late in the fourth quarter, I am beginning to wonder if OSU fans watch the same game the rest of the world does.

OK, enough sports raving. Classes start Wednesday, so I promise something of substance soon.

PS> Go Red Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home