Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ladies & Gentlemen

We have a winner in the great "Admit-the-Porters" sweepstakes.

Baylor University caved and decided to admit me to their Graduate Program in Religion.

What's that you say? I already have been in graduate school? Sure, but all I will have to show for it is a crummy master's degree. Baylor wants to give me a shiny PhD after I work my hind quarters off for a few years.

If none of that makes sense, then just hear this: We are moving to Waco!

(I am still to excited to admit to myself that I am moving to Texas. Adjustment will take time. Go easy on me. After all, I have been in New Jersey for so long that Limbo was beginning to sound quaint.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Congrats, brother. So glad to hear that the admissions process was a success. Good luck as you start your studies (again!).

February 23, 2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger JGaroutte said...

as if we couldn't understand what you said with a masters, now we'll REALLY be confused! Congrats!

February 25, 2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Yah-hoo! Er, I mean, yee-ha!

February 28, 2006 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! The Porters are coming back to civilization (even if it is just Texas)! What a shame that I haven't made it up to the Northeast while I had a decent excuse to do so. Congratulations!

March 02, 2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger carlymarie said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited! Alise and i have already made travel plans to visit. I'm not too enthused about Waco being our final destination....but it's a whole lot more convenient than NJ and it will be fun to come down and distract you and michelle from your studies.

March 07, 2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home