Friday, August 25, 2006

Almost Forgot

I almost neglected to include my fall line up for those of you interested (mom). Here is what I find worthy to study this fall.

> Contemporary Ethics: What is "virtue ethics" and why is it so cool? An inside peek.

> Christian Anthropology: What are humans that God is mindful of them? Not cultural study like "anthropology" but rather sin, the fall, its consequences, our possibilities, etc., all theologically understood.

> Thomas Aquinas: Love him or hate him, you still have to know him.

> And a lovely colloqium on Dante's Comedy. OBU Western Civ revisited; only now its harder and we actually get to read more of Paradiso.

That should keep me entertained for at least a few months, eh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 hours, huh? Ambitious. I didn't finish the Yoder when I picked it up a few months ago--the semester got too hairy. I'm in Chapter 3, and the same thing is probably going to happen again before I finish it. Phone number forthcoming?

August 27, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Good lineup. Hope the season goes well.

August 29, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

I'm trying to write a paper on biblical inspiration and why I don't think we have to be verbal plenarians in order to hold the 66 books of the bible as authoritative documents on God. Any good resource suggestions from your extensive theological expertise?

September 18, 2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home